PRS 58/15 Limited Edition Black Gold Burst
PRS 58/15 Limited Edition Black Gold Burst: To know Paul Reed Smith is to know a man who is always pushing the proverbial envelope. His persistent desire to explore and discover is a huge part of PRS Guitars. So, when Paul and the R&D team ramped up their dissection and testing of pickups a couple years ago, it became very clear very quickly that something new was about to be born. Enter PRS 58/15 and 85/15 pickups – both introduced for PRS’s 30th Anniversary year.
This limited run is a culmination of various features from the Custom 24 over the past 30 years and built around the more vintage-voiced 58/15 pickups, which have exceptional clarity and focused midrange. Paul describes them as, “very consistent, ‘best-of’ PAF-style pickups.” Other unique appointments on these instruments include solid shell bird inlays (similar to those found on Paul’s Pre-Factory and early production guitars), a preview of the new headstock signature inlay, and the Gen III PRS patented tremolo.
The 58/15 limited run will total 150 pieces worldwide: 50 of each color, 25 of each color having a Pattern Regular neck carve with Solid Shell “Blue Purple” Red Abalone Bird inlays and 25 having a Pattern Thin neck carve with Solid Shell “Dark Special” Red Abalone Bird inlays.
- Top Wood: Artist Grade Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25″
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Gaboon Ebony
- Fretboard Inlays: Solid Shell “Blue Purple” Red Abalone Birds (Pattern Regular neck)
- Headstock Veneer: Gaboon Ebony
- Headstock Veneer Inlay: Green Abalone Signature
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Bridge: Gen III PRS Patented Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Hybrid
- Treble Pickup: PRS 58/15 Treble
- Bass Pickup: PRS 58/15 Bass
- Controls: Volume and Push-Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector