Duesenberg Double Cat
Duesenberg Double Cat: The Double Cat is a chambered, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring a Cat Eye F-Hole, deep cutaways and a 647mm scale. It is also available as a 12-string or Multibender edition.
The Double Cat is made from solid alder in which we route large sound chambers. The body is then topped with a flat maple top featuring a Cat Eye styled F-Hole. This distinct construction of a solid but chambered alder body combined with a flat top and a one piece maple neck gives the Double Cat the special tone which musicians all around the world came to love.
The Double Cat is equipped with our proven pickup combination of our classically wound Grand Vintage humbucker for the bridge and the smooth and creamy Domino P90 singlecoil for the Neck. The middle position of both pickups features a special wiring, which splits certain low end frequencies out of the humbucker signal, resulting in an open and extremely versatile addition to your pallet of sounds.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for.
Additionally, our Diamond Deluxe Tremola proved to be one of the best of its kind, providing buttery operation and outstanding tuning stability.
The large cutaways and the option to have a Multibender at your hands make it a great choice for innovative slide players, as well. The Double Cat has become a favourite with some of the greatest musicians around the world.
OPTIONAL CASE € 199,-
- Neck Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width (6-string): 42,5 mm / 1.67″ (nut), 52 mm / 2.05″ (12th fret)
- Thickness (6-string):21 mm / 0.8″ (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95″ (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12″
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 Jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6″
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black veneer
- Body Type: solid American alder with sound chambers
- Top: laminated maple
- Size: 47 x 34 x 4,5 cm / 18.5″ x 13.35″ x 1.75″
- Binding: cream with 3-layer purfling
- Pickguard: cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, “Art Diego” buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)